If You Can't Find Care
- Stay in touch with your CCR&R referral specialist, ask them to keep thinking about what might work for you.
- Look in a different location; on your way to work, near work, or near a public transportation stop on your route to work, try a different route to work.
- Talk to friends, neighbors, people at your library, church or community center who may have faced the same problems. How did they solve them?
- Discuss your child care need with your employer and with co-workers. If many of you are having the same difficulties, your employer needs to know.
- Make a short-term plan for child care, but keep working with your local CCR&R until you find the kind of care you are looking for.
- Get on the waiting list at every program that would work for you. Sometimes openings come up unexpectedly.