April 26, 2004
Come join us in honoring your child care provider!
Celebrated since 1996, Provider Appreciation Day is a special day to recognize child care providers and teachers everywhere. This annual day of recognition is appropriately celebrated each year on the Friday before Mother's Day to acknowledge the important partnership between parents, providers and the children for whom they care.
Find out how to honor your child's provider…
This partnership is what creates the foundation of quality care and education that promotes early learning and self esteem in young children. It takes a dedicated person to be successful in the demanding world of today's child care professional. Appreciation Day offers a unique opportunity to recognize and commend the unselfish dedication, compassion and strong family values that child care providers demonstrate everyday. We invite you to join in the fun! Provider Appreciation Day is now being celebrated in every state in the country and in military child care programs world wide. Tell your friends and colleagues at work! Whether you plan something big or small, your provider will know how much you care when she sees your smile on May 7th! We've gathered ideas from parents and child care programs everywhere. Here a just a few. For more information, visit the National Provider Appreciation Day website or call the national office toll-free at 1-888-334-7781.
Ideas for Parents
- Get together with other parents to create a surprise
- Send flowers, cards or a handwritten note of appreciation
- Bring breakfast or lunch for your provider and for the children
- Work with your child to create a special remembrance
- Buy something for your provider's play area
- Give your provider a paid day off, a raise, or a bonus
- Order an official Provider Appreciation Day logo item as a gift
- Send a letter to the editor or a note to your local newspaper
- Key in on your provider's hobby and buy her an appropriate gift
- Check to see if your employer provides scholarships for toys, equipment or training that you can sponsor as a parent
- Send a personal recognition note to info@ProviderAppreciation.org for publication on the Appreciation Day website
Ideas for Resource & Referral agencies, Organizations, and Groups of Parents
- Call local restaurants, retail stores, and grocery stores to request gift certificates for the child care providers you work with
- Plan a luncheon or dinner honoring the providers
- Hang banners or posters at work and around town
- Purchase a new piece of equipment in honor of the day
- Provide a scholarship for the 2004 Annual Conference of the National Association for Family Child Care in Kansas City, MO in July or for the National Association for the Education of Young Children conference in Anaheim, CA in November
- Organize a spa day
- Visit the web store to order official logo items
- Plan a parent/provider picnic
- Have a parade or dedicate a park
- Send press releases to local papers and invite them to do a story on the importance of child care to the community
- Send information about your event to the State Events pages of the national Appreciation Day website for posting.
- Network with others listed in your state